Not a Mother or Father are ya???
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
Not a Mother or Father are ya???
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
I speak for everyone who has posted on this thread and say Thank You for proving our point [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Hail to the Redskins
I agree with everything said on here about parents living through kids in sports. Most parents need to realize that only handful of little leaguers or pnuts players play in highschool. Then half that handful play in college. Even lesser play pro sports. Don't get me wrong if my child was playing sports I would want to succeed, but not going to force them to play or yell at the coaches to put him in. Do how embarrassing it is for a kid when their parents starting making an [censored] out of themselves. I play with many people whos parents went ape [censored] and the kid would hang his head down in shame and embarassment.
"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."
How did you guess?
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
Gotta agree whole heartedly VTgal. More people need to learn that things arent handed to them in life, and HS is the proper time too. If a kid isn't good enough to play he/she needs to go work at, not expect to play.
You have to also know your role on the team too. If it is to be a practice dummy then be a practice dummy until you work hard enough to beat out the person ahead of you. Its simple. In order to have a team you have to have some who contribute on the field on game day, and those who contribute in practice. Both are importact. But just because you don't get the PT on Friday night, dont be mad. Support your teammates who are apparently better than you, and then work your butt off over the weekend, in practice and in the off season.
We have a poster on here, that I think is the ideal model of this. GreatestFan. The boy done a lot of growing up from his FR year to his SR year, and worked hard at it. He was a pretty weak player when he was young, but an ultimate team player. He turned into a pretty good lineman by the time he was done. I was very proud of him.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Along those lines 1inStripes, CoeburnCane was one that didn't the most playing time on the football field but still hung around and worked hard in practice and did what he could to help the team and make whoever was ahead of him better by making them work for it in practice.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Coach should have pulled his own gun.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I believe this Father has more anger problems than just his son not getting the playing time he thinks he should.
Most likely this Father's bad behavior has spilled out for his son to hear many times.
To any poster that does not have a child, you have no idea what parenting is all about. You may have views and opinions and ideas, and they may all be good but please remember until you are a parent you have no idea how much it hurts you when your child hurts or has ideas and you are the only one who will listen to him or her. A parent wants to give their child the world if they could, make each day of their life a better one than what they had. We all make mistakes being a parent, but any loving parent who really cares about their child will make decisions based on what is for the best of their child. One thing that irritates me the most is someone who is not a mother or father to tell someone who is what is best for their child. Or what is the best way to raise their child.
I also would like to say, I know "IBA WILDCAT", and she is one of the best parents in the world. She has no reason to dispute with the coaches over her son, cause her son for one sees alot of playing time to be as young as he is. She don't call out coaches, or spill hate words to her kids about coaches or other parents in any way. She is a parent who loves all the kids and shows alot of support to them all. She is one parent who I can say has raised good boys and in all honesty probably has more wisdom about raising kids than you think she does, she has helped raise her neices and nephews and her brother and sisters too. She is a honest person who supports our coaches, just may disagree with how our coaches handle the missed practices at Pound. She does not expect anything from the players that she don't of her own child.
I have based some of my own opinions on here about coaches, but I have also said that I am no coach and therfore my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the end with the matter. Same as I feel about someone who isn't a parent, there input is just an opinion but a opinion that should never argue that they know better than the parent themselves what they should do.
We have a poster from the Reservation who is alot like that (JLR). He's battled through alot, and I know that he wanted (and deserved) better than this for his senior season. It will be emotional for me at the Reservation this Friday.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks